Thursday, February 10, 2011

more self-binding blankets and burps

I made some more baby blankets and burp cloths, for this boy one I used this tutorial

don't panic about the buttons, the ribbon is threaded through them, and then the ribbon is double stitched all the way across, they wont be coming off





for the girl one, I did my usual way, so I could add the ric-rac.  I just placed the ric-rac in place, before I turned the edges under and sewed.  I also sewed the flower on (using the same technique I used here), before I sewed anything together, so the stitching would not be seen on the back of the blanket



I just sewed some scrap fabric on a burp cloth, using some of the left over ric-rac.  I put brown thread in my machine, when I was sewing brown fabric, but I did not want brown seams on the back of the white burp-cloth, so I put white fabric in the bobbin.  This worked great, all brown seams on top, and all white seams on bottom

For the flower, I just grabbed some fake flower petals from my box of petals and used scissors to round the edges.  I just layered them and sewed a little x in the middle to attach them


I pretty much did the burp cloth (pink flower included) the same way here, and the felt flower, the same way. for the blanket I just sewed a piece of cotton to a piece of chenille, right sides together, then turned it and top stitched.

No comments: