Sunday, October 10, 2010

guacamole

I know I have been slacking, and every post starts with that lately.  I really have just been loving summer, way too much to come inside and sew.  However, it is getting colder, and Christmas is coming, I have a big project to do list, so I will be hanging around here more often

My husband and I just got back from a fabulous anniversary trip, and got to eat at my all time favorite Mexican restaurant in La Jolla California (Su Casa).  Their table-side guacamole is TO DIE FOR!  My husband hates guacamole and all things avocado, and he can't get enough of the stuff.  They make it at the table, so I this time I wrote down all the fabulous ingredients

Avocados (they used one)
Chopped Tomatoes (spoonful)
Half orange juiced 
Half lime juiced
Chopped onion (spoonful)
Chopped jalapenos (depends how hot you like it, we had two spoonfuls)
Chopped Cilantro (spoonful)
Garlic salt (spoonful)


I think the orange juice and the garlic salt are what make it so perfect.  I can't wait to make some at home

1 comment:

Trever and Heather said...

Oh PLEASE make me some guacamole someday! I'm salivating over here!