Monday, January 25, 2010

mittens

I wish I could take credit for this idea, but I saw it on another blog. I have looked everywhere to find where I first saw this brilliant idea, but I can't. If I ever find it, I will give credit where credit is due.
My daughter's mittens do not stay on her hands, I am constantly putting them back on. They also get snow in them easily. When I saw this idea, I knew it was for me. The best part is that it cost $2 and took no more than five minutes for two pairs of mittens.
I bought two pairs of socks at the dollar store and cut the feet off

Put right sides together

sew

and there you have it. The socks extend the gloves, and are elastic enough to hold the mittens on. They are stretchy enough to go over the coat, or under the coat. no more falling off mittens, and no more snow inside the gloves. Hopefully no more cold hands. Thank you to the brilliant mystery blogger for this simple idea
Posted by Picasa

No comments: